Questions to ask during HR interview

Usually by the end of the interview the HR person would ask you whether you have any questions. Under the stress of the job interview sometimes nothing comes to mind, but here’s a list of useful questions to ask.

1. Why do you enjoy working for this company?
  2. What attracted you to this organization?
  3. Can you describe the work environment here?
  4. How do you describe the philosophy of the company or organization?
  5. What do you consider to be the organization’s strengths and weaknesses?
  6. Can you tell me more about my day-to-day responsibilities?
  7. How soon are you looking to fill this position?
  8. How do my skills compare with those of the other candidates you have interviewed?
  9. I have really enjoyed meeting with you and your team, and I am very interested in the opportunity. I feel my skills and experience would be a good match for this position. What is the next step in your interview process?
  10. Before I leave, is there anything else you need to know concerning my ability to do this job?
  11. In your opinion, what is the most important contribution that this company expects from its employees?
  12. Is there a structured career path at the company?
  13. What are my prospects for advancement? If I do a good job, what is a logical next step?
  14. Assuming I was hired and performed well for a period of time, what additional opportunities might this job lead to?
  15. Do the most successful people in the company tend to come from one area of the company, such as sales or engineering, or do they rise from a cross section of functional areas?
  16. I know that for the position for which I am interviewing, the company decided to recruit from outside the organization. How do you decide between recruiting from within and going outside?
  17. How does this position relate to the bottom line?
  18. What advice would you give to someone in my position?
  19. What major problems are we facing right now in this department or position?
  20. Can you give me a formal, written description of the position? I’m interested in reviewing in detail the major activities involved and what results are expected.
  21. Does this job usually lead to other positions in the company? Which ones?
  22. Can you please tell me a little bit about the people with whom I’ll be working most closely?
  23. As I understand the position, the title as ________, the duties are _______, and the department is called ________. I would report directly to __________. Is that right?
  24. Can you talk about the company’s commitment to equal opportunity and diversity?
  25. Who are the company’s stars, and how was their status determined?
  26. How are executives addressed by their subordinates?
  27. What can you tell me about the prevailing management style?
  28. If you hired me, what would be my first assignment?
  29. Does the company have a mission statement? May I see it? Does the company have a mission statement? May I see it?
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

103 Comments on Questions to ask during HR interview

1. Renuka Padhi
    Posted 4/16/2005 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Hi , I am really depressed about hr interview. always I am come back home after hr interview.
    can u please. give me some questins with answer. I have gone through you hr questions , it’r really very good. Now I want to ask you only few question , you send me questions with answer.

1. Why do u looking for change.
    2. what is the work of team leader.
    3.what do u like to be after 3 years

With regards
    Renuka padhi

2. sudhir
    Posted 5/12/2005 at 12:48 am | Permalink

It is realy good.Cam u plz send asw of these
    1. Why do u looking for change.
    2. what is the work of team leader.
    3.what do u like to be after 3 years

3. Ranjit Kishor Verma (PRITHS)
    Posted 6/5/2005 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Hi, as far as i think, your ans could be…

1. Why do u looking for change.
    Hint : this is very common question, you can just say “for better prospect”,
    but dont stop here, they hate this answer, u need to be little bit honest
    about it. u can explore this word, like better prospect is composed of mainly
    two things viz. a) Groth and b) Money. rest explanation is up to you.

2. what is the work of team leader.
    a) Work distribution within his/her team.
    b) Keeping track of work progress for every individual team members.
    c) providing backup if necessary.(in terms of technique or references).

3.what do u like to be after 3 years
    The ans of this question is all upto your profile, trade, and your Goal.

4. ash
    Posted 6/8/2005 at 10:54 am | Permalink

1. what will u do if u r not get selected in this interview.
    2. what’s motivates you.
    3. what is your weekness.

With regards
    Ash…..

5. Posted 6/25/2005 at 4:56 am | Permalink

hai could u plz help me how to answer this quetion
    1.”Y u shifted frm ur own back ground to software”
    and how should one convince the hr when he came up with the que like
    2.”what is the gaurantee that u will continue in software industry
    and u may shift to ur back ground saying that u lost intrest in software ” .
    3.”How u fit for TCS” and “y TCS”

6. Anasuya
    Posted 7/1/2005 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Hi,
    ould u plz answer my following questions?
    i)Tell me about urself? (What should it contain ? plz tell me serially…)
    ii)What do u want to change ur current job? (should my reason contain money?)
    iii)How do u start ur day in office?

Thanks & Regards,
    Anasuya

7. swetha
    Posted 8/5/2005 at 3:45 am | Permalink

hi,
    please tell me answers for the following questions which r being asked very frequently in hr interview:

1) tell about yourself
    2) tell about your family
    3) what r ur strengths
    4) what is ur weekness

ofcourse not the exact ans but atleast wat are all the points to be included in them

8. Posted 8/19/2005 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Hello Swetha…

Before attending any interview you should be aware of few questions which are very much frequently asked(as you have mentioned.).

1. Tell me about yourself
    Ans : you should start up with your name, then school, college and then to your present qualification. Then tell anything about your additional courses or achievements.

2. Tell me about your family.
    Ans : with your parents name and their job position if any. and wind up with if you have any sisters/brothers etc.

3. Tell me about your positive.
    Ans : Down-to-earth, optimistic, lead a team, confident, etc

4. Tell me about your weakness.
    Ans : Being emotional, loose patience when work is not done properly (this is ur weakness turned to strength!!)

Never stretch too much.. be simple and straight forward!

All the very best.. Tommorow is my SAP LABS interview.. hope to do best!

Bye!
    Pradeep MN
    visit : http://www.itsnexgen.com

9. ARUNKUMAR
    Posted 9/1/2005 at 12:29 am | Permalink

can you tellme about answer for the following questions:

1)why i have to select you for our company?
    2)what will u do if u r not get selected in this interview.

10. Abhishek Ranjan
    Posted 9/26/2005 at 8:47 am | Permalink

Hi,

I had recently faced an interview panel of Satyam Computers,
    The tech interview was fine, but the HR interview was on personal ego… the HR guy of satyam was a pissed person and it seemed that he was a big failure n life that reaally made me feel that he doesn’t had anything to do with my technical abilities and cool and charming personality.. what he tried to show was that i beg in front of him for a job which i didn’t do and so i was not selected.
    i hope this is just an idea other wise HR people are the people wo care for you.

11. preeti
    Posted 10/13/2005 at 6:47 am | Permalink

hi i am preeti, i have an experience of 5 years in customer care and marketing .for last 2years i am not working and doing MBA in HR .now i want to join in HR . i would like to know what kind of question they will ask me .
    and what is the answer for question like:

1) why are you changing your field when you alredy have 5 yr experience in Mkt.

12. ramesh
    Posted 10/17/2005 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

no company will allow you to ask questions and if such questions are asked its shows that u r interviewing both the interview and the HR and many companies do not tell the truth folks, better to get know through ur friends who are already working or do lots of r&d about the company, like
    a. how long its in market.
    b. their major clients.
    c. customer satisfaction index.
    d. partners/ channel partners.

After all ur work is not related to any of these above questions, ofcourse u need to keep in mind that company goals and mission are important.

Touch ur heart and say me how many have been loyal to their company. This includes even the CEOs etc…

Think Think business is important but healthy one.

13. Sanju
    Posted 10/17/2005 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

Hi All,

Whenever you are sitting for interview, always try to look in to the eyes of the interviewer when talking to him. It shows your level of confidence.

Secondly, never argue with the interviewer. In case, you do not like something or you are sure that the interviewer is wrong somewhere then never point him and try to azvoid that situation. However, when you are employed then you can get to know the things on your own.

Regards,
    Sanju

14. Posted 11/13/2005 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Hi all,

i’m seeing a couple of questions moving around , i will again say that the interview process followed by these companies are not good and at time biased,
    i feel that they should have a change in the overall selection procedure so that companies go back with the best brain, the people with abilities and not
    do- nuts to fill the workspace.

so with your questions.

** for Renuka padhi
    1. Why do u looking for change.
    because change is inevitable.
    2. what is the work of team leader.
    why u don’t know or what.
    3.what do u like to be after 3 years
    on top of the world.

** sudhir please do not repeat

some help….

hai could u plz help me how to answer this quetion
    1.”Y u shifted frm ur own back ground to software”
    and how should one convince the hr when he came up with the que like
    –ans– why is it not allowed or what.

2.”what is the gaurantee that u will continue in software industry
    and u may shift to ur back ground saying that u lost intrest in software ” .
    –ans– ok fine , what is the guarantee that i’ll not be fired off, or the company doesn’t close down forever and
    if you don’t pay me handsomely and show me growth ,what else i’m left with rather than switching back to my own pitch.

3.”How u fit for TCS” and “y TCS”
    –ans– thats for u to decide nut, i my say mattered , than i would have certainly asked you to give my offer letter as fast as you can.

ramesh says,
    a. how long its in market.
    b. their major clients.
    c. customer satisfaction index.
    d. partners/ channel partners.

so can you tell me ramesh .. if i can ask these companies …

Infosys, Accenture, Caritor, Cognizant, Wipro, Satyam, Kanbay, Tata Infotech, CTS, Virtusa, TCS…

what kind of innovation do they have ..

and especially what has satyam, infy,tcs ,wipro, cts have to do with innovation anyways.

and yes the best tip, when you in …

think that you have the job just go inside hav fun talk around and ask for a salary hike .

thats it and u r done.

15. sumit
    Posted 12/5/2005 at 4:25 am | Permalink

Hi All,

Regards,

16. RUDRA RAJ JENA
    Posted 12/26/2005 at 9:59 am | Permalink

HI ALL,
    I HW FACED MANY INTERVIEWS 4 JUST 2 HW EXPERIENCE, MANY TIMES I HW FACED A TYPICAL ? THAT (WHY U PERFER 2 DO MBA. MY ANSWER 2 THEM IS THAT MBA IS MY INTERREST AREA SO PERFER 4 THAT . BUT MOST OF INTERVIEWER R NOT SATISFIED WITH THAT ANSWER. SO KINDLY HELP ME 2 ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTIONS. SEND ME ANSWER OF THESE QUESTIONS.
    1- WHY U WANT 2 PURSUE MBA WHY NOT ANY OTHER LINE?
    2- HOW DO U PROPOSE TO COMPENSATE UR LACK OF EXPERIENCE?
    3- WHAT DA WORK OF TEAM LEADER?

THANKING U.

17. Posted 1/8/2006 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

1. Why do u looking for change.
    2. what is the work of team leader.
    3.what do u like to be after 3 years

my name is malik mehtab aziz
    send me this adress i really thanks you for this act of kindness
    malik mehtab aziz
    post office shadman colont(wanda mochiawala) d i khan(nwfp)pakistan

18. aruna meshram
    Posted 1/14/2006 at 5:39 am | Permalink

1) tell about yourself
    2) tell about your family
    3) what r ur strengths
    4) what is ur weekness
    5) Why software testing,why not devlopment
    6)what field would u choose if software testing would not be in existance

7)why u want to move to testing from teaching.
    8)as a fresher what is ur expected salary)
    9)if another company pay u more,u will leave this company?
    10)why this company?

19. Hemang Shah
    Posted 2/13/2006 at 9:23 am | Permalink

1- WHY U WANT 2 PURSUE MBA WHY NOT ANY OTHER LINE?

20. jitendra sharma
    Posted 4/4/2006 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

my question is- when our weakness is asked, then should we mention those points that affacts the concern company or not.

21. Posted 4/5/2006 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

i m bein rejected thrice in only hr interview
    so wanna know the ans
    tell me ur strength n wickness?
    abt ur self/?
    why should we take u.?
    why do u wanna join our company?
    where do u c urself after 5 yrs?
    wat qualiteis a good team leader should have?
    i am doin engg ,hv been rejected in tcs,l&t,aztec
    so plz help me out?
    mail me the ans at my email id plz

22. pavan
    Posted 4/13/2006 at 1:25 am | Permalink

hi
    i would like to know answer for the most common question which would an interviewer ask’s for the marketing and sales job

1. what motivates you?

23. dharmendra raninga
    Posted 4/19/2006 at 3:50 am | Permalink

1. what will u do if u r not get selected in this interview.
    2. what’s motivates you.
    3. what is your weekness.

24. mallikarjun
    Posted 6/4/2006 at 3:50 am | Permalink

hi to all,
    I have attend couple of interviews, present i have been working in a marketing executive and i want to shift to my carrier to insurance that’s why i attend couple of interviews they asked
    1.why did u what to shift from your company to insurance?
    2. what do u know about insurance?
    3.you have 2 years of experence in marketing so u have to growth in that company based on experence then why do u what to change that organisation?
    how will give answeres for those questins

25. Abhishek Gupta
    Posted 6/9/2006 at 8:30 am | Permalink

hello everybody…

After being rejected by TCS & MBT..I had been preparing for HR interviews.
    But this time after clearing 4 rounds (out of 6)of Avaya India Ltd. including HR, apti, technical written, technical INterview, HR, & finally MR., Iam rejected in HR round(5th one).

The possible reason as I think could be qustion over my INterest in Music.I can play any instrument.
    He asked me “why u dont choose music as a profession ?” & I said Iam not classically sound. HIs next fire was “why not learned classical music ?”
    I replied-”I came t know this at the end of 6th sem that to be a professional classical music is must. But later on I was busy with my project in 7th sem & couldnt get time to learn it.”

Can u tell me wat could be the possible reason for my rejection as far as this question is concerned?

One thing more…HE asked my strengths & I told”consistency & my urge to perform better & better.” Is threr any contradiciton between these two? I showed him the reason for my second strength.

Plz clear my confusion..that could help me in further interviews.

with regards

abhishek gupta

26. Gopala Krishna
    Posted 6/23/2006 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Dear Abhishek,

I read ur mail and I am sorry for ur not making in ur interview.hey boy cheer up best is at to come.

About what u asked I feel that u didnot answer it properly.Becuase u said music was ur hobby not a passion. We can live happily if me make our carrer in things in which we are passionate for.For example everyone is interested in listening to music but everyone cant be become a musician since its there interest not a passion.

About our weakness and strenghts u must be true and honest.U used the word better and better did u explained it to him.

Thats I am wanna say u my friend.I hope it will help u

27. Gopala Krishna
    Posted 6/23/2006 at 5:01 am | Permalink

Dear Renuka,

I saw ur mail and I am saying what I feel I hope this will help u.

1. Why do u looking for change.
    u can say I am changing for improvement and to face more challenges then what is in my present job or field

2. what is the work of team leader.
    the work of team is leader is see that the work is goin on according to schedule.He must take care of people working under him,support them,encourage them.He must also inform to his higher officials abt the work and workers.

Add some more like this from technical point of view

3.what do u like to be after 3 years
    This is the questions which tell how much well prepared ur and how much planning u do.No matter in whatever position u enter u will be new to the compnany.So first of all I would like to be liked and permanent employee.Then gradually earn my experience and increase my knowlegde and the importance of mine to the organization.So probably from three years from now I would like to be TEAM LEADER.

28. raman
    Posted 7/13/2006 at 3:36 am | Permalink

Hello.
    Well friends I have certain questions what really irretates me. Please give me the answers if you have…..
    1. Why u wanna shift your job if you are getting good money over there.
    2. Why we should recruit you.
    3. What you have that other dont have.
    4. We need more experienced person for so 7 so post. Do you think you are perfect for this post?

REGARDS
    R. ARora

29. prateek singh
    Posted 7/14/2006 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

hi,
    i want some HR question which i faced in every interview and which put me in great problem always.so, plz send me ans. of this question.
    1) career expectation.
    2) why u like to join our company.

30. Gopala Krishna
    Posted 7/15/2006 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Dear Parteek,

The answers abt ur questions I feel

1)career expectations……to this never give answer such as to be in top most position directly at the beginning.Eventhough everyone wanna be that, the HR person will test abt ur future ideas.So tell something like I would be joining the company as fresher so I expect to earn some nice experience and become a permanent employee and increase my importance in the company.Then probably Team leader,Project Leader ,Project Manager…so and probably one day I end up as key important decision maker.

2)Why u wanna join our company…this tells how much research u have done abt the company.So do alot of research(which u can get by visiting there website) and then tell how the company may be in according to ur objectives and goals.Mainthing tell what and how u can be useful aspect to the company

31. malik mehtab aziz
    Posted 7/15/2006 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

hi, how are you
    1. Why u wanna shift your job if you are getting good money over there.
    2. Why we should recruit you.
    3. What you have that other dont have.

REGARDS
    malik mehtab aziz

32. komal
    Posted 8/1/2006 at 3:34 am | Permalink

hi, I read ur questions its really helpful. Some queries I want to ask u for which I want Exact answers. Hope u will help.

1. What contains in HR? / What is Hr exactly?
    2. What are the qualities the HR person should have?
    3. What are the duties of HR person should perform?

rgds
    komal

33. kuldeep sharma
    Posted 8/28/2006 at 3:17 am | Permalink

hi
    i appeared for satyam interview, technical was cleared Then my hr round were there, they asked me about my 3 yeras Gap betn education .
    i give answer that after XII i appeared for Army Exam because my ainm was to become an army officer on 2nd round i cleared my Interview but on physical round i was rejected then i prepred fopr The second best for me that is My Engineering and cleared exam and also completed within 4 years with 70.05%.

rest interview was excellent they told me that they will inform me in 7 days.

so i wana to know that what will be the result.

34. coolnesh
    Posted 9/18/2006 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

I believe most of the questions mentioned above will show your incompetence if asked to the HR person. Please do your own research thoroughly and you will be able to answer most of these questions. Some of them do make sense in asking but most of them should not be asked to the HR person, it will show that you don’t know much about the company you are applying to and furthermore it shows you have not thought hard about applying to that company.

35. Amit
    Posted 9/21/2006 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

hi all,
    plz help meInterviewer always ask me these question:-
    1. Tell me about urself?
    2. Tell me ur memorable day?
    3. Why do you want this job?
    4. What qualities do you think will be required for this job?
    5. What do you know about this company?
    6. What can we (the new company) offer that your previous company cannot offer?
    7. Why should we employ you?

36. sheeba
    Posted 9/23/2006 at 2:18 am | Permalink

1. Why do you enjoy working for this company?
    2. What attracted you to this organization?
    3. Can you describe the work environment here?
    4. How do you describe the philosophy of the company or organization?

37. Posted 9/23/2006 at 5:52 am | Permalink

hello sir/mam
    I have faced some interviews. My problem is that:-
    1. why you want to join this company.
    2. why should we hire you?

38. Posted 9/23/2006 at 6:28 am | Permalink

hello,sir/madam,
    I have some problem for HR ROUND Because i do not know some question’s answer . question’s are
    1:-why do you want join our company?
    2:-what’s your weekness?
    3:-what is the work of bpo, kpo?
    4:-how to improve my communication and conversation?
    5:-what’s the main contains of any topic?

39. naresh
    Posted 9/27/2006 at 12:14 am | Permalink

hi …every body plz help me in getting answers for the following HR questions

Tell me about urself?
    Tell me about your positive
    what’s your weekness?
    why should we hire you?

40. Chandini
    Posted 10/3/2006 at 6:28 am | Permalink

Its a very commom question…
    Where do u see urself after 3 years from now?

41. radhika
    Posted 10/14/2006 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

hi …every body plz help me in getting answers for the following HR questions

Tell me about urself?
    Tell me about your positive
    what’s your weekness?
    why should we hire you?
    why you want to join this company.
    why should we hire you?
    Where do u see urself after 3 years from now?

42. gomathi
    Posted 10/15/2006 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

hi …every body plz help me in getting answers for the following HR questions

Tell me about urself?
    Tell me about your positive
    what’s your weekness?
    why should we hire you?

43. Posted 10/28/2006 at 7:51 am | Permalink

HI FRIENDS,

WHENEVER ANY INTERVIEWER ASKS YOU THAT WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU THEN SIMPLY SAY’”AS I HAVE DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND MOREOVER I AM very CONFIDENT TO DO SAID WORK AND HARDWORKER ENOUGH,THAT’S WHY I THINK I AM FIT FOR THE SAID POSITION.” YOU CAN ADD MORE LIKE YOU ARE GO-GETTER,MOTIVATED AND CO-ORDINATED OR CO-OPERATIVE IN NATURE ETC. THESE SKILLS WILL HELP YOU! ALSO IF HE ASKS YOU THAT WHAT IS YOUR WEAKNESS THEN ANSWER IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT BECOMES YOUR STRENGTH i.e. ” I AM VERY IMPATIENT IN NATURE AND VERY CRITICAL ABOUT MYSELF.WHENEVER ANY WORK GOES WRONG BY ME I CRITICE MYSELF AND DO AGAIN UNTIL IT COMPLETES!” YOU CAN ADD MORE BY TAKING ANY HINT FROM THIS LINE.

TAKE CARE FOLKS,
    goldy_gold_goldy@yahoo.co.in

44. Ajit Kumar Jha
    Posted 10/29/2006 at 3:52 am | Permalink

HI all
    I have clear the technical round in many company,but don’t clear the the HR round.So really i m depressed.

Qus:-
    1.tell me about yourself?
    2.Why you want to change ur company?
    3.why u want to join our company?
    4.Expeted salary?
    5.Family Background?
    and so on………….
    Plz send me the appropriate answer.

45. Posted 10/31/2006 at 5:50 am | Permalink

Hi Mr. Ajit,

Please need not to be afraid of such type of questions. The interviewer is just like normal human being and will not eat you dear! Have confidence in yourself and if he ask you such type of question i.e. Tell me about yourself then dear start like this,” Sir myself____ and i have done graduation from____ (More Education, you can add)and i have____years vast or strong experience in the area of marketing/HR/Finance with___company. My big achievement is____ in this company (If you have any). I believe in this that Never say die spirit. I am a go-getter and co-operative in nature. I am a good listener and hard worker also! I can perform very well also in stiff conditions. I can change myself according to time! That’s all about me, sir!” Look these lines shows your capabilities and strenghts and too much! But please dear, never speak about your family until it asks! Again if question is why u want a change then simply say,” Sir, Just for better prospectus and growth and moreover i want to be mentally strong by working with your esteemed company as i think your company will provide enough help to me to tackel the challenges which are necessary for the growth of any company as well as for their employee.” Look these lines show your carefullness towards that company!! Your answer should be there in that question in which it is asked that why u wanna to change your company and that is,” Sir As i think in my previous company all is well there but still i was feeling that there was lack of co-ordination. Sometimes i was under pressure when i had to solve my problem from my colleagues.” But dear please never-3 criticise your previous employer. It will give false impression about yourself. And in expected salary’s qestion; your first answer should be,” Sir as per company norms!” But if again this question he asks then simply say,” Sir look i was drawing Rs—- Per month and hence it should be more than that or it should be in this criteria. For eg. if you are drawing Rs.8000/- per month, then you should say in between 8000-12000. Then it can be negotiated!
    Dear, Need not to be afraid of such type of questions. You should be already prepare yourself by taking the help of your friend or by taking help of any member of your family. Or you can prepare yourself by standing in front of mirror! HR person is very sweet in nature and helps you many times when he looks that you are feeling nervous on any question. He immidiately changes your attention from that question and asks you that question in such an easy way that you don’t feel hesitation and give anser so easily!!!!
    Dear, and about your family, then it is easy. I think everyone can give this answer immidiately and you also can!!!
    You should be attentive,presentative and always in formal dress in any interview!

Take care and wishing you all the very best!

Regards
    Harminder Pal Singh
    goldy_gold_goldy@yahoo.co.in

46. Posted 10/31/2006 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Hi Mr. Ajit,

Please need not to be afraid of such type of questions. The interviewer is just like normal human being! Have confidence in yourself and if he ask you such type of question i.e. Tell me about yourself then dear start like this,” Sir myself____ and i have done graduation from____ (More Education, you can add)and i have____years vast or strong experience in the area of marketing/HR/Finance with___company. My big achievement is____ in this company (If you have any). I believe in this that Never say die spirit. I am a go-getter and co-operative in nature. I am a good listener and hard worker also! I can perform very well also in stiff conditions. I can change myself according to time! That’s all about me, sir!” Look these lines shows your capabilities and strenghts and too much! But please dear, never speak about your family until it asks! Again if question is why u want a change then simply say,” Sir, Just for better prospectus and growth and moreover i want to be mentally strong by working with your esteemed company as i think your company will provide enough help to me to tackel the challenges which are necessary for the growth of any company as well as for their employee.” Look these lines show your carefullness towards that company!! Your answer should be there in that question in which it is asked that why u wanna to change your company and that is,” Sir As i think in my previous company all is well there but still i was feeling that there was lack of co-ordination. Sometimes i was under pressure when i had to solve my problem from my colleagues.” But dear please never-3 criticise your previous employer. It will give false impression about yourself. And in expected salary’s qestion; your first answer should be,” Sir as per company norms!” But if again this question he asks then simply say,” Sir look i was drawing Rs—- Per month and hence it should be more than that or it should be in this criteria. For eg. if you are drawing Rs.8000/- per month, then you should say in between 8000-12000. Then it can be negotiated!
    Dear,You should be already prepare yourself by taking the help of your friend or by taking help of any member of your family. Or you can prepare yourself by standing in front of mirror! HR person is very sweet in nature and helps you many times when he looks that you are feeling nervous on any question. He immidiately changes your attention from that question and asks you that question in such an easy way that you don’t feel hesitation and give anser so easily!!!!
    Dear,about your family, then it is easy. I think everyone can give this answer immidiately and you also can!!!
    Take care and wishing you all the very best!

Regards
    Harminder Pal Singh
    goldy_gold_goldy@yahoo.co.in

47. Jaydeep Mukhopadhyay
    Posted 10/31/2006 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

I had a negotiation of my salary recently with one HR- person of a reputed company. He was agreed to pay me close to what I asked. But they are offering a pay structure wherein my Basic Salary and PF deduction is getting reduced. Although, it fulfills my desired monthly salary as they are offering Large amount of variable Pay.

Is it advisable to change my job just on the basis of seeing my monthly take home salary? Or if really Basic and Gross Salary does matter.

48. Posted 11/1/2006 at 6:49 am | Permalink

HI JAYDEEP,

HOW ARE YOU DEAR? FIRSTLY I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THAT I AM ALSO AN HR PERSON!

NOW DEAR IF YOU ARE THINKING THAT YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR PRESENT JOB ON THE BASIS OF SALARY STRUCTURE THEN I MUST SUGGEST YOU ONE THING— IF YOU THINK THAT IT IS A GOOD PACKAGE THEN YOU SHOULD ACCEPT THIS BUT BUT BUT BUT FIRSTLY YOU SHOULD COMPARE ALL OTHER THINGS i.e. SERVICES OF THE COMPANY, TRUSTWORTHINESS OF THE COMPANY, YOU MUST HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR NEW EMPLOYER BY TAKING HELP OF ANY CLOSE FRIEND OR ANY EMPLOYEE (WHO IS YOUR CLOSE) OF THAT COMPANY OR BY SECURITY GUARD JUST FOR HIS/HER BEHAVIOUR WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES ( IT IS VERY COMPULSORY )!!! ALSO GET SOME MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CONDITIONS OF WORK OR ENVIRONMENT OVER THERE ‘COZ IT MAY HELP YOU IN CHOOSING RIGHT OPPORTUNITY. HUMMMM!!!!
    BUT TO ME, IT IS A BIG MISTAKE IF WE ARE CHANGING OUR JOB JUST ON THE ISSUE OF SALARY! JUST TELL ME DEAR, DON’T HAVE YOU FAITH UPON YOURSELF??? IF YOU DO WELL IN YOUR PRESENT JOB THEN I AM SURE YOU WILL GET DOUBLE IN YOUR PRESENT JOB!! AM I WRONG???!!! LET WE ADMIT THAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING MUCH AFTER YOUR HARD WORK OVER THERE EVEN AFTER SO MANY YEARS, THEN IN THIS CASE YOU ARE FREE AND YOU MUST TAKE ANY STEP!!! BUT TO ME IT IS NOT A WISE ACT UNTIL YOU COMPARE ALL OTHER THINGS TOO!!

BASIC AND GROSS SALARY DOES NOT MATTER OFTENLY!!! THIS REALLY MATTERS HOW MUCH CONSCIOUS YOU ARE IN CHOOSING RIGHT PLACE AND RIGHT OPPORTUNITY!!!

BEST WISHES DEAR!

HARMINDER PAL SINGH
    goldy_gold_goldy@yahoo.co.in

49. Viral Patel
    Posted 11/11/2006 at 5:56 am | Permalink

Would you please tell me about HR Question.

1) What experience do you have working within Service Level Agreement?
    2)What are the component of ICT Service team that ensure the effective delivery of Customer focused Service ?
    3)How could You automate Hardware Audit?
    4)How have you Contribute to ensure the service level agreement has been achieved?
    50 Can you give one example of How you have contributed to such an approach in an ICT Team ?

50. Posted 11/23/2006 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

hi!
    Im facing trouble with HR interview questions given below

tell me about ur self?
    why r u leaving ur current position?
    wht abt ur strengths?
    wht abt ur weaknesses?
    wh r u changing ur present location?(I mean im living in hyd they ask for noida)

kindly give me the proper solutions to me