Some good C++ questions to ask a job applicant.
- How do you decide which integer type to use?
- What should the 64-bit integer type on new, 64-bit machines be?
- What’s the best way to declare and define global variables?
- What does extern mean in a function declaration?
- What’s the auto keyword good for?
- I can’t seem to define a linked list node which contains a pointer to itself.
- How do I declare an array of N pointers to functions returning pointers to functions returning pointers to characters?
- How can I declare a function that returns a pointer to a function of its own type?
- My compiler is complaining about an invalid redeclaration of a function, but I only define it once and call it once. What’s happening?
- What can I safely assume about the initial values of variables which are not explicitly initialized?
- Why can’t I initialize a local array with a string?
- What is the difference between char a = “string”; and char *p = “string”; ?
- How do I initialize a pointer to a function?