- Describe the role of inetinfo.exe, aspnet_isapi.dll andaspnet_wp.exe
in the page loading process. inetinfo.exe is theMicrosoft IIS server running,
handling ASP.NET requests among other things.When an ASP.NET request is received
(usually a file with .aspx extension),the ISAPI filter aspnet_isapi.dll takes
care of it by passing the request tothe actual worker process aspnet_wp.exe.
- What’s the difference between Response.Write() andResponse.Output.Write()?
The latter one allows you to write formattedoutput.
- What methods are fired during the page load? Init() - when the pageis
instantiated, Load() - when the page is loaded into server memory,PreRender()
- the brief moment before the page is displayed to the user asHTML, Unload()
- when page finishes loading.
- Where does the Web page belong in the .NET Framework class hierarchy?System.Web.UI.Page
- Where do you store the information about the user’s locale? System.Web.UI.Page.Culture
- What’s the difference between Codebehind="MyCode.aspx.cs" andSrc="MyCode.aspx.cs"?
CodeBehind is relevant to Visual Studio.NET only.
- What’s a bubbled event? When you have a complex control, likeDataGrid,
writing an event processing routine for each object (cell, button,row, etc.)
is quite tedious. The controls can bubble up their eventhandlers, allowing
the main DataGrid event handler to take care of itsconstituents.
- Suppose you want a certain ASP.NET function executed on MouseOver overa
certain button. Where do you add an event handler? It’s the Attributesproperty,
the Add function inside that property. So
- What data type does the RangeValidator control support? Integer,String
- Where would you use an iHTTPModule, and what are the limitations of any
approach you might take in implementing one? One of ASP.NET’s most useful
features is the extensibility
of the HTTP pipeline, the path that data takes between client and server.
You can use them to extend your ASP.NET applications by adding pre- and post-processing
to each HTTP request coming into your application. For example, if you wanted
custom authentication facilities for your application, the best technique
would be to intercept the request when it comes in and process the request
in a custom HTTP module.
- Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one? A DiffGram is
an XML format that is used to identify current and original versions of data
elements. The DataSet uses the DiffGram format to load and persist its contents,
and to serialize its contents for transport across a network connection. When
a DataSet is written as a DiffGram, it populates the DiffGram with all the
necessary information to accurately recreate the contents, though not the
schema, of the DataSet, including column values from both the Original and
Current row versions, row error information, and row order.